Saturday, October 25, 2008

Day 117

I have been enjoying todays awesomosity all day long. Today I am working for Mr. Video Productions, The Leader in Live Event Videography. I was employed full-time by MVP for over three years. Now I just do the random job.

Most of what they do is cheerleading competitions and marching band competitions. In June and December, there are a lot of dance recitals. The cheerleading competitions suck, the dance recitals are tolerable (sometimes) and marching band is decent. Today I am doing a marching band competition at Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, just outside of Nashville.

So, the awesomosity that I have been enjoying all day is something that has been in my ears. No, not the bands, most of them aren't that good. I did hear a band do a few Led Zeppelin songs, but not very well. One band played the theme from Halo and "Unforgiven" by Metallica, but that was about the best of the day.

No, today's awesomosity is our intercom system. This allows our director to tell the three cameramen what shot to get, what to do, and who is live at the moment. The really awesome and useful thing about headsets is talking trash, telling jokes, and in general making things more exciting. It's pretty fun.

In case you were wondering, I am on the closest camera to the field, which means that I get a lot of the really close up shots. Probably our favorite shots have to do with the color guard, especially when there is a guy in the color guard. There is just something hilarious to all of us about a guy waving flags and tossing rifles.

Task o' The Day: Have fun with an intercom system. Or some walkie-talkies. If you can't get walkie-talkies, make some with two cans and some string. Totally awesome.

Here is my picture with my headset on, I hope you enjoy.

Thanks for reading, see ya'll soon!

No comments: