Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day 118

What is awesome today? Well, you all voted that it could be people, so today it's Brent and Melissa Mackey. Why? Let me start from the beginning.

As I have said over the last several posts, I was just outside Nashville all weekend. Before I left Friday morning, I got a call from my friend Brent Mackey (Brent Mackey {those of you that have heard his voicemail got that}). Brent and I do a little catching up, then he asks what I'm doing for the weekend. I tell him then ask why. He tells me that he was hoping to borrow me and my truck (and to hang out, which we'll hopefully do soon). Of course, I can't, but when he asks to just borrow the truck, I have no reason to say no.

So I tell him where it'll be parked and then have to give some warnings, cautions and directions. First off, I've been having trouble starting it lately, I think I need a new battery, but it may be the starter. Either way, I've been having to try to first jiggle the negative battery cable, then if that doesn't work, I have to pop the clutch. Brent is ok with that, apparently he loves popping clutches.

So I'm in Tennessee, and Brent and I talk several times to make sure everything goes ok, which it does. Brent does say he will probably leave some kind of a gift, I tell him that I hope its poop in a bag (true story, we had some good laughs).

So, I just got back in town to find not only some gas money, but also a note that says Brent and Melissa hope I enjoy my new battery!! Not only that, but they also replaced the bolts that hold on the cables, so they are not loose anymore! Super-Awesome!

So today Brent and Melissa are awesome, and for so many other reasons than them buying me a new truck battery. If you know them, you know what I'm talking about.

I took the picture of me while adding some oil to my now running great truck.

Thanks Brent and Missy!!

Talk to yall tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're glad we could help, Ben, but let me say this: We wish we could have done more for your poor truck. I about drove myself into oncoming traffic when the baseball-knob on your stick shift came off into my hand before I could get it in gear.

It was very nice of you to entrust your truck to us. We wanted to "pay it forward" but actually just paid it back. Thanks again!

Jennifer said...

what super-awesome friends!

Brent said...

You didn't need to send us the gift card. We were just glad to help. But we did need that drawing. That should be your awesomeness of the day right there. That was a sweet picture. Thanks for the card, too. Come over and play Halo tonight.