Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day 115

While this awesomosity is certainly getting out early, I am very tired. Ok, so that was slightly non-sensical. Sue me.

The reason I am so tired is that I was asked to fill in last night and bartend. I did. It was awesome (but not the awesomosity). I got home around 2, fell asleep around 2:30, got up for my regular Thursday morning business meeting around 5:30. Sweet.

So, last night was Irish night at Llywelyns (you gotta have some reason to make Wednesday nights fun, right?). What does that mean? $3 Jameson shots, $3 Guinness Pints, and, for those that want both (and a little Bailey's) $5 Car Bombs. Needless to say, we went through a lot of Guinness last night.

Now most of you know I don't drink anymore (and now you all do), but when I did, Guinness was definitely one of my faves. Now that I get to pour a Guinness, I like to take my time and pour it right. It takes about 2 minutes to pour a Guinness properly, but the real expertise comes in the final product. Those with some expertise can put a shamrock in the head of a Guinness.


I have been working on that since I started at Llywelyns, and I have to say I am quite good at it. Though, I can always get better.When I make a shamrock, it doesn't have the heart shape in the leaves, but like I said, I'll work on it.

So, the awesomeness for today is pouring a perfect pint of Guinness. There are actually competitions for this (mostly in Ireland). Here are a few website for you to check out if you are interested, I found them all entertaining.

Pouring the perfect pint of Guinness - This is a site of a bar that goes into some detail about Guinness, how to pour it, and at the bottom they have some interesting facts, such as did you know there are approx. 13 Million pints of Guinness poured on St. Patty's Day (average of 150 pints per second!)?

Guinness - The official site. Lots of fun stuff to do here, including:

All Sports Invitational - The two cartoony like guys that say brilliant a lot in the Guinness ads say what you want about sports teams in an email. I couldn't get it to actually email them, but it showed me what it looks like, and very funny.

Finally, a YouTube video. This shows you how to put a shamrock in the head of a Guinness. I didn't actually post it here, but I recommend the video.

Task o' The Day: Have a pint of Guinness. And make sure they put a shamrock in the head, which will require them to pour it correctly. If you don't drink, then, uh, have a Fitz's Root Beer! If you go to the restaurant, its on tap, then ask them to put a shamrock in the head of the root beer. I don't think they can, but it'd be fun to watch them try.

Here is my picture, nothing special today.


The next few posts will be interesting because I will be out of town working for Mr. Video shooting a marching band competition in Nashville. I will get the posts out when I can. Thanks for reading, enjoy the rainy day!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

that picture is very cool.
like very cool.

and marching bands? way to take me back to high school