Saturday, September 27, 2008

Day 90

Today was a great day, as I'm sure you can clearly tell by the pictures. Let me explain (I have to do that a lot on this here blog, don't I?).

I went to "the land" today. for those that know Greg Higgins (his wife's baby blog is on my blogroll), you know all the land and may have even been there. Its about 20 acres (totally a guess) near Montgomery City, just past the Warrenton outlet mall on 70. They have a pond and a half, a barn, a firepit (come back tomorrow to read about that), and a bunch of woods. Being in the middle of farm country, it is great for deer hunting.

Which leads me (finally) to today's awesomosity. Burying stuff. In my personal example, I shot a deer about a year ago (and took the top picture), and buried the head to let worms decompose the flesh and meat off it. Today I dug up the skull and took the lower picture. It worked and was awesome.

So your task for today (I haven't seen the poll results yet and I'll get a new one up soon) is to bury something and dig it up next year. I recommend some kind of time capsule (I've always thought they were awesome). Perhaps something (like a deer head) that will decompose and look different.

Thanks for reading, come back tomorrow, it'll be well worth it.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That IS really cool!

Anonymous said...

we should call this today's grossness.