Thursday, September 25, 2008

Day 88

8s are wild today, were practically giving them away!

As I sit and enjoy my lunch, I ponder what to have as today's awesomosity. Then I think, my this lunch is delicious, why not make it that? So, I give you today's awesomosity......Company Hash Browns!

Some of you may know this dish as simply "hash brown casserole" but you would be wrong. Not unawesome, but wrong nonetheless. This dish is a obviously a casserole (and I have told you of my love for casseroles before), but it is filled with cheesy, potatoey (yes, its a word) goodness and covered with corn flakes (could be more cheese, but I'm not complaining).

Here is a place to find a recipe that you can print out and add to your recipe card box. What? You don't have a recipe card box? Shame on you! You can buy a card box, card, card protectors, and all kinds of other neat stuff here.

So, while I was finding a recipe for Company Hash Browns, I came across this site, called Mr.Breakfast. Awesome. Seriously. They even have a page called "Hooray for Hashbrowns!"


Here is an excerpt:

According the Merriam-Webster dictionary, "hash browns" are "boiled potatoes that have been diced, mixed with chopped onions and shortening, and fried usually until they form a browned cake." To the mind of a true breakfast lover, that's like defining luxury car as "four wheels under a sitting area".

In the dictionary company's defense, hash browns have the ability to defy definition. When well prepared, entire books could not describe the happy reaction of our taste receptor cells to these "boiled potatoes".

For your awesome thing today, might I suggest eating some hash browns. Any way you like.

Here is my picture (again, for the 88th time, I just can't stand to think you may forget what I look like), which was taken in a mirror. Huh.


No comments: