Monday, September 22, 2008

Day 85

I almost wrote this last night when I got home from work at about 1am, since that was today, technically. Especially since the awesomosity has to do with what I did when I got home. But I had just written yesterdays, so I decided against it, I hope that's ok.

So, I know you are saying to yourself, what could Ben have possibly done at 1am that was so awesome? Read a book, thats what.

Most of the time when I get home from work at Llywelyns I am extremely tired, but usually have some trouble falling asleep, probably from too many Red Bulls. Therefore, sometimes I read for a few minutes before I try to sleep. Last night I was reading this book I just got the other day call "Sex God" by Rob Bell.


In it, (I am only two chapters in so far) Rob explores the connection between sexuality and spirituality. It really is very interesting. This is his second book, a follow up to Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith. VE is a great book and I highly recommend it to anyone.

Besides writing some very easy to read and thought provoking books, Rob is a very busy guy. He is the pastor at a church called Mars Hill in Grand Rapids, Michigan. They have about 11,000 people every Sunday come to the church that meets in a mall. For real. Awesome.

The other very cool thing he is a part of is called NOOMA. It is a series of videos that dicuss some very interesting topics. I saw a very powerful one called "Silence". It was really good. Here is a preview of one called "You", which he has played after talks about the book Sex God.



So for making your day more awesome, read a Rob Bell book. You should be able to find them at your local library, or they are probably only $15-$20 at Borders. If you have read them, then I recommend Irresistable Revolution by Shane Claiborn. Phenomenal book about how Christianity is being changed all around us.

Here is the picture, talk to you all soon!

No comments: