Friday, September 26, 2008

Day 89

Today's awesomeness is absolutely due to my taking a day off to do some much needed cleaning at my place. I made some delicious chicken fettucine alfredo for lunch, then sat down, much as in the picture, to watch some tv while I ate. What was on? The new Bob Ross.

Now, his name is Gary Jenkins, and he does not go by "the new Bob Ross", but that is what he is. You all remember Bob Ross, right? The guy that painted 'happy trees' with a giant afro? Now, he was awesome.

I've gotta say the Gary is almost equally awesome. I don't even know if I can accurately describe just how awesome he is. He did talk about when you are painting that you are actually conducting a giant orchestra. At one point, he said he uses a color wheel. As he describes how he uses it, he flips it over to describe the backside. Then he explains that he doesn't use that side because the other side has pictures, which he does use.

In all honesty though, watching a guy paint roses in under half hour is freakin awesome.

So, set your vcr, or tivo, or whatever else you have (unless of course, you're home during the day) to watch "the beauty of oil painting with Gary Jenkins". It will be well worth your time.

If you don't have plans tonight, come to Llywelyns tonight, I'm bartending! Have a great day, see you tomorrow!

No comments: