Sunday, September 21, 2008

Day 84

I know, I know, ya'll thought I was gonna miss a day. Well, think again. I can't break a streak like this, it'll probably never happen again.

Anywho, on to the awesomosity. Tenacious Trivia. What is that you ask? Well, I'll tell you.

It is a company that goes to local bars and restaraunts and asks trivia questions for prizes. It is a lot of fun. I didn't actually get to play any trivia tonight, but I was present for it at, yep you guessed it, Llywelyns.

So here's the deal. I have worked at Llywelyn's for over a year now. Now my goal is to start bartending here. In order to bartend, I need to know how to serve. So, I trained as a server. That means that I can pick up server shifts. So a Sunday night shift opened up and I took it. Also, we have a new manager here that is female (hi Niki!) and shoudn't be walking to her car alone after closing. So they offered me a little extra to hang around till close and walk her out. Easy decision there. So now you have no excuse to not come up and play some trivia, eat come great food, enjoy some awesome drink specials and hang out with me most Sundays!

About the trivia. I have been to, and even hosted trivia around before, but these people really have there stuff together. They have like scripts and stuff that say at which point in the night they are supposed to remind people to tip the servers and bartenders and all that. The questions they ask are well thought out and organized. They do this thing where they have an overall theme to the night and all the questions somehow relate to that. Tonight's was "coffee and cigarettes". So there were lots of questions about stuff like what coffee is good to the last drop and Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man (great movie). It's a lot of fun. And the winners get gift certificates (which I found out tonight, generally lead to pretty good tips for the servers!).

Your mission, should you choose to be awesome, is to come to Llywelyns next Sunday and hang out and play trivia. What? That doesn't work for you? Then go to a local dining and drinking establishment for a special event. Maybe its rock star karaoke, or perhaps turtle races. It doesn't really matter. Someone put a lot of thought and effort into making that event happen, the least you can do is support it, right? And that will help make you a little awesomer.

Here is my picture, in which I didn't let my camera "settle" enough before taking the pic. Trippy, huh? See you Monday!

No comments: