Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day 83

Ok, so I have to go do a home inspection (not golf, sorry Michael a.k.a. Tee Tyrant) soon, so this is gonna be short and sweet. Toda'ys awesomeosity stems from a request I got from my friend Jeff of Goldtooth fame last night. He called me at 2:30am (we were both just finishing up our jobs at bars) to say that Motley Crue is having a contest to be the opening band for their upcoming tour. All he needs is a video to show them. I have videoed several of their shows, so I was the man to get the call.

I had taped a show they did at the Bluebird (a pretty cool place near SLU) last May. Then I cut it into individual songs and put it on DVD for him to upload to his website. Jeff is sketchy on knowing how to check his email, so nothing happened with them. I told him I would take care of it, thanks to the Fu Mac Chu. However, I don't have internet, so I went to the local Saint Louis Bread Company (Panera is you're from out of town) to use their free wi-fi. I successfully created a goldtooth youtube page and uploaded a video from the show. I will get more on there and pimp the youtube page soon, but today, I just dont have much time. You can check out the video for "Gun Shy" here.

But that is not today's awesomeness. Today the winner is everything bagels toasted with plain cream cheese from Saint Louis Bread Co. It has to be from STLBC, because I have tried other places everythings, and they are simply not as good. To evidence how awesome they are, here is a picture of the Sesame Seed bagel I had.

But Ben, you said it was an everything bagel, not sesame seed, right? Exactly. They are so awesome that STLBC was sold out of them. Dangit!

For that thing you do today, go to a local bakery in your neighborhood and get something they specialize for. Like my friend Joe said, if in doubt, get the thing that has the name of the restaraunt in the title, chances are its pretty good. And you should have a lcoally owned, mom and pop bakery somewhere near you. All the good bakerys are like that. If youre in the area, try World's Fair Donuts, at Shaw and Vandeventer, there is a older couple that runs it and they rock.

So, here is my picture in STLBC, sorry I gotta run.

Thanks for reading, see you in the am.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Even though I didn't vote for it in the poll, I do like the "task o' the day" idea.

Today's task? I'll have to make my own. But my kitchen's a local, small bakery, haha.