Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day 81

To catch you up on yesterday's events. My foursome at golf ended in a 3-way tie for first. We got second thanks to a score card playoff (let me know if you need the explanation on that, I did). Hooray! I got a $50 gift certificate to Forest Park golf for my troubles. Oh, and I got a hole-in-one. For real. Ok, so they had this thing where if everyone in the foursome payed extra there were some special events for the team. One was a hole-in-one contest thing. Basically, if anyone from the foursome landed on the green, you got to mark down a 1 (MARK IT DOWN, DONNIE, YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT!). Well, I was the only one from the foursome to land the green, so I got us a home-in-one!

And, apparently Joe Elder is awesome. I'll have a new poll out today, and apparently you all don't want to hear anyone else's ideas of awesomeness. If you said you wanted to contribute though, let me know your awesome ideas, we'll see if we can work something out.

Today's awesomosity stems from a text message conversation I had last night with a girl from Llywelyn's. Let me give you a little background first.

Ashley is the day bartender on weekdays. She is awesome, I have worked with her since I started there. She was planning to move in with Theresa, who serves during the week and is the Saturday night back bartender. Theresa has pets already, and Ashley wants some. It seemed like a match made in heaven. Then I got this text transcript last night:

Ashley: Hey...its ashley...so it looks like i wont be able to move in with theresa. how bout that kitten {ed. note. I have been trying to find homes for my parents kittens for a while now}

Me: That sucks, Ill bring it friday. see if wendi {our manager, who also showed an interest} wants one too.

Ashley: sweet...wait...are they short hair? thats what i want

Me: yes, black and gray striped. Cute as hell.

Ashley: and a boy! and the crazier the spots the better...but if theyre all one color mainly...then a darker color

Ashley: hell i'll take two...that way they have a cat friend

Me: Awesome.

{End text transcript}

Therefore, the 2nd litter of kittens that my parents outside cat (Puss. Boots dissapeared a while ago) are the awesomosity today. Here is a picture:

All together now....AWWWWWW!

So, the taskomosity for today is....get a pet. If you can, go to the humane society or stray rescue or something to save a pet from dying. If you cannot get a pet (like me, I'm just gone way too much) then consider volunteering or donating to a good pet organization.

Here is the picture, on the last day I get to see the kittens.

Remember to have your pets spayed and neutered!

Have a great night, thanks for reading, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

ROFL

I love that I'm on the poll. Super sweet. It must have been the sharting post that tipped the scales, right?

haha

ANYWAY
I love the pics of the kittens! I wish I could adopt one!