Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day 77

Good afternoon everybody!

You should all feel very privileged to be reading this post, it is my first from the Fu Mac Chu. Hooray! I love free WiFi at public libraries (even if it is slow as snot)!

So, today's awesomosity is rain. That's right, rain. Rain is great for many things. Watering plants. Filling creeks. Dancing in. Helping fall asleep. Watching on a plantation-style front porch while rocking in a bench swing. Making those little pill things that turn into sponge figure things (does that make sense to anyone? Cause it doesn't to me). Canceling church.

Wait, canceling church? Because of rain? Yeah. Actually, it was the flooding directly caused by the rain that canceled church, but still. So, here's the story.

I got home from work around 3:30 (am). I had to be at church by 7:30 (am). That means waking up at 6:45 at the latest. Ooph. But, I did it. Band practice is going great, I mean they were really on today. The video I made was working properly. Things were right on schedule and time. Until our pastor walked up and said, "You guys can all go home, church is cancelled." Um, ok. What I would give to have known that around 6:30 this morning. Oh well. Now I was up and had my coffee.

So, I went to Llywelyns. They were having an all-staff meeting that I had said I was going to miss, but now I'm suddenly available. Sweet. It allowed me to use a great line on my GM when she saw me. I said, "I thought about it and figured, church, my eternal soul, or a part-time job, it was an easy pick." She looked at me quite wierd. Anywho. So we had a meeting. It was all right, I suppose. But after, I got to hang out with some of my co-workers.

We went to Gladstone's, a bar near there. They were supposed to have a great breakfast pizza, but today only had the buffet, so I had coffee (lots and lots of it) while everyone else had bloody marys. It was good to hang out and chat with the crew, since I usually only see them at work since I don't drink.

Since then I've been playing on the ol' Fu Mac. Getting ready to go home, maybe eat, maybe watch some football, maybe a movie, just taking it easy and not mowing my lawn.

What a great day rain (and therefore, God) has provided me with. Very awesome.

So, for the awesomask today, I say get wet. Play in the rain, or a creek, or a pool (if they are open), or a hottub, or a hose, or take a bath. Do something that brings some enjoyment while gettting wet. Giggity.

Here is the Buder Branch of the SLPL (St. Louis Public Library) with me in the foreground.

Thanks for readin' ya'll! See you tomorrow!

No comments: