Saturday, September 13, 2008

Day 76

Today's awesomosity directly stems from last night, but its gonna be short, because I AM TIRED. And, for the third night in a row, I will probably only get 4-5 hours of sleep tonight. Boo.

So, awesome today? World Premieres. For movies, for songs, for babies (you may know that world premiere by its more common name, birth), products, beer. Well, last night we had the world premiere of AB's new beer, American Ale. It's not too bad. No, I didn't try it (I don't drink, for those that don't know), but I did ask for many opinions, so I can try to tell others what it might taste like. It totally sounds like the type of beer I may like. One person called it Fat Tire Light. From AB, that sounds about right.

We were expecting to be crazy busy last night, since the Point (local radio station) was broadcasting live (for a mug crawl, which by its very nature, tells people to leave), AB World Premiere, great band, all the makings for a bang up night. So, for our staff, we had: 3 managers (plus GM and AB Rep), 6 bartenders, 5 servers, 2 doorguys, 2 barbacks, and a food runner (in a pear tree). That almost guarantees it to not be a great night. Well, it wasn't a great night, but it was really busy for a little bit and steady otherwise. There have definitely been worse Friday nights. It was a lot of fun though. I love working there, keeps me in the bar atmosphere, but I don't have to drink.

So there ya go, short and sweet. For today's taskomosity (whaddya think?) I'm gonna put out the challenge to attend a special event. It doesn't have to be a one time only, or cost a lot, it could totally be the special exhibit at your local museum. But, go to something that you can only go to for a limited time.

Here is what it looked like at LLY a little later in the evening:


Here is my dog tired:


Thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow!!

No comments: