Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day 74

This picture is for the victims of 9-11-01


So today is a very exciting day for me. Today is my first full day as a Mac owner! Hooray!

I have this friend from Llywelyns that had this Powerbook that she used for iTunes. That was about it. So, she recently upgraded to a PC and didn't have anything to do with the Mac. She knew that I wanted one, so she offered it to me. I took a look at it and was pretty happy with what I got. It's not everything I wanted, but it was about $2850 cheaper than the one I really want, so it'll totally do. I am fairly certain that it will do what I want it to do, and that is really all I need right now.

For any of you tech geeks, here are some of the specs, let me know if you want to know more. It is a Titanium Powerbook G4, approx. 4 yrs. old. It has an 800 MhZ processor and 512 mb of ram (which I will hopefully upgrade to a gig soon). It is running Tiger (OS 10.4.11), which should be plenty to run what I want it to for a while at least. It does need a new battery (battery health 14%, it holds a charge for maybe a half hour) and a new charger will be needed soon, this charger is holding on by threads.

But either way, I got a great deal on a computer I will love! I am terribly excited.

For your awesome task (still looking for a better name) today, I say spend between $100 - $200 on something you've wanted for a while. This does have some limitations, obviously. Don't do it if you can't afford it. But if you get the opportunity to get a great deal, totally take it, and definitely post it as a comment, so we can all celebrate your awesomeness!

Here is my picture, taken with my lovely new Mac (also looking for a good name for the computer, send me some suggestions!)


Thanks for reading as always, click on some ads, see you tomorrow!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your score! I call my little friend "Elephant ManJr" because his dad the PC is Elephant Man. Which is one of my favorite films.

Anonymous said...

that was me

Anonymous said...

My old toshiba was called "the masterboxx". My new mac is called "macimus". I think you should name your computer "Wayne the Brain"

Anonymous said...

I think you should call it fu-mac-chu as an ode to your facial hair.

Jennifer said...

From your inspiration, I went out and got an external hard drive that I've been wanting/ needing. It was even on sale.

My laptop is just called "lappy." Nothing fancy.