Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 73

Today my friends have I got a treat for you. As you will see in my picture later, I shaved this morning. I shaved with a disposable triple-blade razor. It was awesome.

I used to be a Mach 3 guy. Used to be. Last time I went to buy some blades, I saw that a 4-pack of blades was like $8 or something. Right next to it is disposable triple-blade razors. 10-pack for like $7. I'm good at math, so I figured I'd give them a shot.

The results have been great so far. I did nick myself a few times the first time, but they take a little getting used to. I think in the end, I will probably buy these again. Or, I'll go for the straight razor. I've always wanted to try that, like when they shave your neck in a true barbershop. It's totally awesome.

While I'm on the topic, I'm going to throw a few links your way. All these are totally worth checking out, even though you voted for me to not put so many links in.

The Onion - Talking about Gillette going to 5 blades (WARNING: Foul Language Ahead!)

The Boston Globe - Discussing the legal battle between Gillette and Shick

Health 24 - How to shave correctly, for those that have no clue

Straight Razor Place - The place for all your straight razor needs

Shave Your Back - A telescoping razor for those hard to reach places (Read up Joe Elder!)

The Art of Manliness - How to shave like your Grandpa. Serious. Maybe my favorite all-around new site.

Now. In the latest poll, you voted that I should suggest some awesomeness, so you all can be awesome too. Today's awesome task (I'm looking for a better name, send me suggestions) is to shave something different in your face. Try a Fu Manchu, or some nice sideburns, or at least a Goatee. Shave your head if you can't grow a beard. If you are a woman, shave a design in your legs. Perhaps a mohawk of sorts. Ok, so women won't do that. Maybe dye your hair in a loud color, at least in streaks.

Let me know if you do any of these awesome tasks, so we can all celebrate our awesomosity together!

By the way, apparently Gavin Masterson is not so awesome, but Sean Trani is currently leading the awesome poll with 3, while Jim and Joe each have 2 votes. Keep voting!

Here is the picture, enjoy the shave and notice that it is that time of year again! I busted out the ol' Blues jersey for the first time of the year. What a great day!


Thanks for reading, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I think you missed a few spots in shaving!!!