Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 48

Well, it looks like so far on the poll you, Constant Reader, enjoy the weekends, so I shall post this weekend.

Last night I'm working at llywelyns. Man has it been slow lately. It should pick up sometime soon though. And, exciting, the GM told me I can now pick up bar shifts when someone needs off. In fact, on September 6 (after Pattersons wedding, of course) I'll be bartending, so make plans now!!!!!

But, while me getting closer to bartending (I also got my annual review, and it was good) is awesome, its not the awesomosity. You see, every once in a while, a few young pretty girls come in to hand out beer or shots as part of a promotion. Last night was one of those nights.

Some girls and their handler (as I like to call the rep) from Summitt, a distributor, came to promote Boulevard. They were also pre-promoting Beck's, our featured Oktoberest beer. If you listen to the Point, you may have heard of the mugcrawl thing they got going. We are participating in it with a special on Beck's (it starts tonight, come on up!).

Why am I telling you all this? Because today's awesomeness is free stuff from beer and liquor companies. I got a free Beck's shirt last night to add to my collection that includes several Guinness shirts, Jagermeister shirts and a sweet hat, an awesome Boulevard shirt and more. It is awesome because I tend to get pretty messy and dirty at work, and more free beer shirts not only promotes the beer, but let's me do laundry less often, which is always awesome.

One quick story. I was wearing a sweet free Jager shirt one night. One of our regulars wanted it and offered me her turtleneck. I said no. Then she offered me a shirt that says, "brave enough to live in America's most dangerous city". I said yes. Awesome.

I have included a few pics of my awesome free shwag. Also, my picture of the day, where you may notice that I shaved my stache.

See you tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Brent said...

I tried to find mention of why your head is nekkid, but found nothing. Explanation?

636benjamin said...

I was sick of my hair, didn't want a normal cut and was bored. pretty much.