Friday, August 15, 2008

Day 47

Day 47, Ryan Ludwick single-handedly wins the game for the Cards last night wearing number 47? Coincidence? Yes, totally.

Last night I hung out with a bunch of like-minded (mostly) people to discuss ways to better carry the message. Sometimes I wish churches (or at least my church) would do this, actively pursue people and strategize ways to better carry our message. But I digress.

After our get together, several people were hungry. A really good friend of mine, Jeff Gallo, bartends at The Tin Can Tavern and Grille. He was bartending last night and I planned to stop and say hey anyway, so I invited my friends. About 8 of us showed up and enjoyed some delicious food.

This is a picture I found of Jeff from way back

Today's awesomeness is easily the Tin Can. If you are the drinking type, it is a great place to grab a beer. They have over 50 cans of beer available, starting at $1.75. They also have Bud and Bud Light bottles, plus of course, 40 oz. of O.E. (Olde English) and High Life. Not to mention 3 drafts and a full liquour selection. But I don't drink. So why do I go there several times a week? The food.

40 of OE

My "usual" is wings and fries. The have some of the best wings around in my opinion and there fries (mostly the seasoning) are incredible. I am also a fan of the "Tin Can Ten" (2 5oz. burger patties), the Beef and Brick, and the Pot and Kettle (homemade pot roast over Texas toast and mashed potatoes). They have won "Best Macaroni & Cheese" from the RFT for several years, though its a little sweet for me. And they have popcorn on the cob. Fo Real.

The location I frequent is on Morganford just South of Arsenal, but they also have a location downtown at 19th and Locust. Rumor has it they are looking to open a location in Columbia (Missouri, not South America). It is a very cool place with a great atmosphere. Lots of TVs, but they don't dominate your attention. Can koozies cover the walls as people have bought them, decorated them, then leave them for the next time they come back.

For entertainment, they have a few video games (including new Golden Tee) and of course, a Sega Genesis with several games. Thursday thru Saturday they have live music, including "Rock Star Karaoke" where you sing with a guitarist playing the music. They usually get some pretty good bands in and you're guaranteed to have a good time. If none of this entertains you, the bartenders or regulars certainly will.

I have linked up to the Tin Can site, but here are a few other sites I came across while searching for the Tin Can. Wikipedia. Tin Can Blog (about a guy that failed to sail around the world). Tin Can Media.

So, next time you're in the city and hungry, give me a call, we'll meet up at the Tin Can and have some great food and an awesome time!

Here's my picture, in my parents 70sesque downstairs kitchen.


See you tomorrow!

No comments: