Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 42

Day 42, oh what to write about.

Well, today has thus far been pretty awesome. I would have to say it was pretty easy all in all to pick an awesomosity though. You see, I have a bunch of family in from out of town. Well, out of town doesn't really accurately describe it.

Before I tell you about who all is in town, let me tell you what made it awesome today. I had a baseball game today at 3 at Wash. U. My family that lives in town has been wanting to see me play, but we have a lot of games late at night, or far away, or in East St. Louis, none of which worked well for the fam. (I still can't figure out why no one wanted to watch me play in Sauget).

So, today's game worked out very well for that. As it turns out, I have a bunch of relatives in town, I'll do my best to remember them all. Let's see, I'll start with who came the furthest and work in from there.

My Aunt Mary and cousin Anne Marie came from Bolivia (yes, South America) to take Anne Marie to college in the fall. My Aunt Janet came from Columbus (Ohio). My Aunt Bert came from Philadelphia on her way home to Kansas City. My Little Grandma came from South County. My parents came from Manchester. And finally my brother and his wife, Tim and AdrianneM brought their 3 children, Ahren (3), Lydia (2), and Ann Denny (almost 1) all came from Webster.

Now, here comes the awesome part (not that just having 12 family members watch me play ball is enough to be awesome, but it gets better). So, my team is not so great, and Bud Light, our opponent, is pretty good. I pitched for 5 innings, giving up 10 runs. We scored none. Actually, we didn't evn get a man to second all day. Like I said, we suck.

My two favorite moments of the day were when the whole family got there and cheered (quite loudly) as we took the field in the 3rd. The other awesome time was went I went on deck for my second at bat, which was in the 7th and final inning. My nephew Ahren yells, "Hey Uncle Ben!" several times quite loudly. Well, I never got that second at bat, but as we were shaking hands, I did get a few "hey uncle ben" and some "gonna go make some rice uncle ben?"

All in all, it was super awesome to have everyone come out, even if it wasn't a great game.

Oh, I suppose I should talk about the pictures for a minute. The one of the grass was the tree mom and I planted last week. It died sometime this week, in lieu of flowers, please send donations to the Arbor Day Foundation.

The other picture is of course the pic o the day, taken driving home (at a stoplight) from my game.

See you tomorrow!

No comments: