Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day 145

Today has already been an eventful day. I got out early from Llywelyns last night, I was home by 2:30. Sweet.

I got up around 10:30, loaded up a 40 foot ladder, then got up on a roof to help my dad on an inspection.

Then came the awesomosity. A trip to Aldi. Aldi is the best grocery store in town. Where else can you buy chips for $.99 and an HDTV for $399.99? Nowhere else, that's where.

Now when you go to an Aldi, there is some things you need to know. First, have a quarter handy. Why? so you can get a shopping cart. Yes, it costs a quarter to get a cart, but you get it back when you return it. It is also acceptable protocol to offer someone in the parking lot a quarter for their cart.

The second thing you need to know is you should eith bring bags with you, or grab empty boxes as you shop, because Aldi charges for bags. I actually like using boxes better, because they are easier to pack and carry than bags.

The other things you need to know (and there are a few of them), you should learn from a seasoned professional. Luckily I know one or two. I was given a little wisdom from Tommy Bahama (as he calls himself on this here blog, you may know him as Michael Sharp). He tells me he learned everything he knows from the officially awesome Brent Mackey. Get in touch with them to learn some awesomes about Aldi.

I almost made the awesomosity old people fighting. Like last night in the bar when there were fisticuffs between a mid-forties couple and a party of about 20 mid-forties folks. Yes it was crazy, but fighting is never awesome. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

TASK o' THE DAY: Shop at Aldi and save some green.

You may notice the ladder in the background of my photo for the day. Have a great one!

No comments: