Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day 142

Some of you know that I have a thing for calling in to radio station contests. If you call enough times, eventually you win some stuff. I think in my life, I have won more than my fair share of stuff from radio stations. Let me see if I can list some stuff.

  • The first thing I ever won was from an old Christian radio station in St. Louis, WCBW (remember that Kim?). I won an Al Denson CD. It was pretty awesome. In fact, it was my very first CD. I am pretty sure that a bunch of Michael W. Smith, DC Talk, and Amy Grant CDs came soon after.
  • I have won tickets to concerts (everything from DC Talk to Night Ranger, Ted Nugent & Quiet Riot to Primus, Limp Bizkit & Powerman 5000 to lots and lots of others.
  • I have won video games
  • I have won countless other things that I cant remember at the moment, but the big two are:
  • A trip to see the Rams beat the Titans in Super Bowl XXXIV in Atlanta. Paid for flight, hotel and tickets. It was very awesome.
  • Last year, I won a 3-day trip to Cancun, same deal.
Both of the trips were on 105.7 The Point, as part of their "Trippin Thursday" promotion. I was the right caller to get qualified, then I got my name drawn out of a hat.

So you see, I have obviously won way more than my fair share of things from radio stations. So, do I sit quietly and not pick up my phone when they say "Call now!"? Of course not. Therefore...

Last night I was able to name 10 high schools in under 24 seconds on The Point and won a "24 prize pack" thing.



As you can see, it includes a "24" T-shirt, an official Jack Bauer Army surplus looking jacket, a "24" tote bag and season 6 on DVD. I hope to have it all up on EBay tomorrow. Unless of course, one of my faithful readers is a huge "24" fan and wants it. I personally have never seen the show and don't plan on starting, much less collecting paraphenalia anytime soon.

However, I am now entered into a drawing to win a bunch more stuff, the big thing is an iTouch. That would be super sweet and not sold on EBay. I'll keep you up to date.

Task o' The Day: This is an easy and abvious one. Call the radio station when they tell you to. Just do it. Call repeatedly. When you think its been too long, call one more time. Try to win something. If you have won stuff in the past, share with us.

Here is I.

Let me know what you think of the new layout, I'm still playing with it and not sold on anything just yet. Have a great day!


2 comments:

Katie said...

i think you might enjoy 24 - this from the girl who hasn't watched it since season 3

Gra said...

Your Aunt Cheryl is a hugh fan of 24, she will not believe that you won...maybe a good Christmas surprise unless ebay offers are to good to pass up.

Your mom for sure thinks you are awsome!