Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 141

Isn't stuff supposed to become a habit after like 30 times? Then how does it manage to completely slip my mind to write a blog that I have written for 141 straight days until after 4 in the afternoon?

It just so happens that I just came across a very awesome thing, in a day full of awesomeness. We (Sean and I) met with a SCORE counselor, who pointed us (hopefully) in the right direction for our business. That was sweet. Had lunch at a nice little cafe in the CWE. But upon arriving back at the office, began doing research on writing business plans and getting more free help for the new biz. One of the websites I came across had some links that may be useful in your business (including Twitter, which I'm not sure how that is useful to the business).

They did have a link to the site Oh, don't forget! This site is a timed text messaging service that you can use to schedule a text message to yourself, a coworker, a friend, anyone really. I am sure you could use it if you have a first blind date as a possible escape plan. Set it up to text you with an urgent message, then you can show your date that you really do need to go since your dog found Timmy in a well and sent you a text to tell you, or whatever story you want to make up.

So, sending text messages at a specific time is pretty awesome.

Task o' The Day: Send someone a text message tomorrow, today! It's really easy (though my test text hasn't come through yet). We'll see.

Here I am enjoying the hardness of the bench I sit on at my new "office".

Have a great one, see you tomorrow (assuming I don't forget!)

Oh, and watch this, it might just change your life, and it literally (depending on your internet speed) will take you 5 seconds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to start a facebook group called "If we get 1 million people in this group, then Ben will bring back the old awesomosity website setup".