Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day 143

Today's awesomosity is happening tonight, and you can be a part of it! It is the St. Louis International Film Festival! It has been going on all week, and continues through the weekend. Why is tonight so awesome? Because the movie I made that got played at the St. Louis Filmmakers Showcase also got accepted to SLIFF and is playing tonight!!

However, due to circumstances (both in and out of my control, all at once, very confusing), I was not able to go see it, or even get the post out early enough for any of you to go see it. I have it on DVD and will be happy to show it to you whenever you like. I even have an alternate ending (not available in any theatre!!!) on the new version. And the credits of the new version feature Joe (he's all we need)'s band, the Fundamental Elements. It's quite awesome.

SLIFF in itself is quite awesome in its own right. My favorite memory was a few years ago when my friend Brian (no blog to link to here) and I went during Warner Brothers 75th Anniversary. I was actually talking to Brian about this last night. We saw something like 8 movies in under 3 days, it was crazy. And by crazy, I mean incredibly awesome. We saw The Wild Bunch, The Excorcist, A Clockwork Orange (horrible flick), The Shining among many others. It was a great weekend. This week, there are some big name movies (including a Sean Penn film) but most of them are smaller, independent (but great) movies.

Task o' The Day: Go see a movie. I would hope you would see something at SLIFF, but if you can't, just go to your local motion picture theatre and catch a flick. It'll be fun. If you really want to go all out, make a film. If you make something, anything, and submit it to the Filmmaker's Showcase next July, you have a good chance of getting in, judging by what else made the cut against us.

Here I am in one of my last days at the old office. Have a great night!

1 comment:

John said...

did you see my blog post from Tuesday night? I enjoyed a SLIFF documentary at the Tivoli with some friends.