Saturday, October 4, 2008

Day 97

What to have for the awesomosity for a beautiful Saturday, that is my question. While I think about it, I think I'll cook up some rice for lunch, it only takes 7 minutes. Wait. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? I think so Brain, but how are we going to get that many motorcycle riding cheerleaders on such short notice?

Just kidding, we were both thinking how awesome it is that you can cook a side dish (or in the case of a bachelor, an entire meal) in only 7 minutes!

Today I went with Terayaki rice, which was good, but I gotta admit it, I've had better. But that's not the point, the point is that there are delicious meals (or side dishes) available at your local grocer cheap.

And you've got options. From flavored rice (I really like beef flavor, especially with some hot sauce all over it) to noodles and sauce. Something to remember is that the store brands are as good as (and sometimes better than) the name brands.

Your Task o' the Day is to try a delicious side that is ready in less than 10 minutes. But not just straight out of the box, spice it up a little. Today I put cheese in the rice (cheese makes everything better). try some Worcestershire sauce or perhaps some chicken. I'll let you decide the details.

The picture today was taken in mt very spacious (but seriously lacking counter space) kitchen.

Thanks everyone, yall make it all worth it. See you tomorrow.

No comments: