Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day 95

So many things that could be awesome today, and all of them relate to my last night activities.
..
..
I know, the anticipation is killing you...
..
..
I WENT TO MY FIRST BLUES GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!

So many awesome things about it, where do I start? The goal 11 seconds in by the young stud Yan Stastny? Or that we scored 6 more goals? The big fight right in front of us? The 7 or 8 total fight? The fact that like 10 guys got kicked out? So much awesomeness.

I think I'll go with our tickets. You may notice from the picture that there are only 4 rows between me and the glass. Yes, our tickets were in the 5th row. And perhaps the awesomest thing of all was how we got the tickets. Let me put it this way, if we had extra tickets, the same guy could have helped us.

That's right, we got our tickets from a scalper. He had a bunch of tickets, that according to him, were $125 tickets. He was going to give us a bargain for just $75 a ticket. What a deal! We told him we would give $20 a ticket, he said 30, we settled on $25. Now, the ticket listed price was $0.00. Did we get a good deal? Did he? I think so.

Task o' The Day: (sorry no bold, and the late blog, but hey, you're still reading, eh?) Go to a sporting or entertainment event without tickets. Try a scalper. Here's the trick, you always have to be willing to pay cover price from the box office. Then you always have options. Never pay the first offer, pretend you're in another country, they expect you to bargain (exception to this rule: playoff games and Celine Dion concerts). In general this won't work with sold out stuff. Give it a shot, I'll be willing to go with, assuming its a Blues game.

All right, thanks for reading, I'll try to get the blog out earlier tomorrow.

1 comment:

GETSWB said...

Great job with that scalper. Check out www.thepoormansticket.com
Good luck!