Thursday, October 16, 2008

Day 108

Last night I didn't sleep much. Mostly because my friend was playing a concert that I wanted to see. So, after I did what I had to do, I headed on over to Pops Nightclub, where I saw the last 2 1/2 songs by Goldtooth and the first 3 songs from The Bakerton Group, and totally missed another friend's band, Devil's in the Jukebox (great name, and I did buy one of their CD's, it rocks). The other thing I found at Pop's? Today's awesomosity.

First of all, even though I don't drink anymore, I (and I think you) have to appreciate a place you can buy a drink anytime day or night of any day. That's right, in case you didn't know already, Pop's is a 24/7 bar. And yes, on weekends (and maybe weekdays, who knows?) they have live music at all hours of the night.

You see, I have been to Pop's twice. The first time was after a long night of work at Llywelyn's and all the ladies were going out. And really, who am I to let a bunch of pretty ladies go have fun without any protection from a big strong man like myself? So, we get to Pop's around 3:30am and stay until maybe 5am. There was a band playing the whole time. Since I don't drink or dance, I was relegated to "designated purse watcher", a role I also filled a little last night.

But, all in all, Pop's is an awesome place. Not because they are open 24/7, or they don't have any glass in the bar (plastic cups and aluminum bottles) but mostly because it is a sweet concert venue. I mean, anywhere that has had the likes of Flock of Seagulls to Night Ranger to George Clinton to Corey Feldman to Slipknot to a bunch of other bands perform there must be awesome. Plus, they've always got a bunch of local bands playing there.

Here is a picture I took last night of the Bakerton Group (who were w pretty sweet iunstrumental band).


Here is my all-dresesed-up-for-a-business-meeting-this-morning picture of the day.


Thanks for reading, see you tomorrow!

No comments: