Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Day 107

Today's awesomosity comes from a few weeks ago, when my good friend Joe posted this on his Tumblr site:



I thought that was awesome. What I wanted to do, and haven't had the time to since, was to do a little more investigating into Benny Hinn to see what his and his ministry is all about.

From his official website, I found a few things. First, under the "salvation" tab, they have some good solid information, backed up by Bible verses. I have to say that I was impressed.

On the downside, I was not impressed with most of the rest of his site. Oh, it looks good, and is well layed out, but the content leaves something to be desired. Benny has undergone some pretty serious scrutiny from the IRS, who wanted to look into the profits he was making as a non-profit organization. The IRS was satisfied with the level of cooperation and gave him a green light. But the IRS is strictly a numbers organization, and has nothing to do with morals and ethics. I was really not impressed by the "financial accountability" section of his site under the "about us" tab. It seems like he is saying a lot and is very revealing, but he is not at all.

It was very easy to find a bunch of "hater" sites that are on the other side of what Benny does. The most reputable looking site was at Ministry Watch. Here is what they say about him. Doesn't look so good. Before you write it off as just another website saying bad stuff, I did look up a few other ministries I am aware of and they gave grades that seem to actually reflect the ministry. So, without looking too much into Ministry Watch, it seems reputable to me.

Now, here are two websites that seem to be on the far end against Benny and what he does.

False Prophet - this seems somewhat reputable, but who knows.

Rick Cross - He has a whole page devoted to Benny, I really liked the third article, titled "God, Power, and Money". It seems some guys were out to get Benny and wrote about their experience. Interesting. The site as a whole seems interesting, they seem to be devoted to discovering what cults and other sketchy stuff is all about. So, if you think you may be in a cult, check it all out at this site.

Ok, so that's what I found in a brief search into Benny Hinn. But I can't leave without showing you one of the video responses on YouTube to the first video I showed. This one is more for the hip hop fans than rock fans. Enjoy:



Task o' The Day: Has nothing to do with the awesomosity today. No one ever said that it had to, right? So, go get a cup of coffee with a friend this week. It can be someone you have know for a long time, someone you are trying to get to know, someone you need to confess or apologize to, someone you need to mend the relationship with. Anything. And it doesn't have to be coffee, but it has to be a social gathering of two people for the purpose of furthering the relationship somehow. See you tonight, Joe.

Here is my picture, and no I wasn't peeing in this one.

See you manana!

1 comment:

Jackie Higgins said...

I've always wondered why the catchers in the suits don't get the power of the spirit or whatever and fall down. Do they hire atheists for this position so there is no risk of them passing out as well?? Btw, I don't post at 4 am. My time must be off on blogger. I'll have my computer tech work on it!