Thursday, September 4, 2008

Day 67

With the weather being as absolutely awesome as it is today (it's pouring here, if you didn't know) I thought I would take a minute and point out an awesome outdoor game.

Sholf. (Wikipedia) You've all you've all heard of golf and frolf, but sholf? Probably not. How about curling? Shuffleboard? Maybe? Well, sholf is a combination of golf and shuffleboard. Basically, you have a putting green. On either end of said green is a scoring system similar to shuffleboard. There are lines declaring different point values for where the ball comes to rest.

The two teams takes turns putting balls, blocking their own, knocking off the other teams. It sounds like a heck of a lot of fun if you ask me. And I am sure it would be a great way to at least work on the speed, if not accuracy, of your putting skills. Something I know probably every golfer needs to work on.

I know its kind of short and sweet today, but seriously check out sholf. If you end up with a sholf court, totally invite me over, I would love to play!

Here is the picture, trying to prove just how rainy it is today.


Thanks for reading, see you tomorrow!

No comments: