Monday, September 1, 2008

Day 64

Will you still feed me?

Today is a special day. Today is my first day of training at Llywelyns. What!?!? You say? Allow me to explain.

You see, I want to bartend. Its pretty good money, at least it can be. So the GM wanted me to train as a server before I start picking up shifts. I picked today for one of my 3 trainings because I figured it would be slow and I wouldn't have to take off my day job.

I didn't have to take off the day job, but was quite wrong about it being slow. I guess normally lunch at Lly is packed from 1130 - 1, then dead. Today was pretty steady from 1130 - 3.

The good news is that I learned a lot and did a pretty good job. The big key to serving is to know the menu (including wines and drinks) inside and out. Not quite there just yet, but I'm only done with 1 day, eh?

Therefore todays awesomeness belongs to the staff at Llywelyns, represented in the picture by Tori on the left and Theresa on the right. They trained me today.

Its been a good day so far, now its off to pretend like I know what I'm doing at a fantasy football draft.

Thanks for reading, have a spectacular day!

No comments: