Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day 65

So, I ended up wearing one of the few funny/catchy shirts that I own today. It is a shirt that says, "Brave enough to live in America's most dangerous city." Then it lists the top 5 cities on the back and says, "Kickin' Detroit's [booty] in baseball and crime" Ed. note. It doesn't say booty, but kids may read this blog. I got this shirt while I was working at Llywelyn's one night. I was wearing a Jagermeister T-shirt that I got from the Jager girls (who will be back next weekend if you want one). Anyway, I have several of these shirts. One of our customers (a regular) asked if I wanted to give her the shirt. I said no. She offered me her turtleneck as a trade (it was cold out). I said no. She offered me this shirt. I said yes.

This is one way to get some awesome shirts, but I doubt it will work very well in the long run. I like to look up t-shirt sites and read what they are coming up with. Some of them are very creative. I haven't seen one that I really love yet, but here are a few of my favorite sites.

CultClassicTs.com is a good, traditional t-shirt site that is organized quite well. They have all kinds of shirts and they arrange them nicely. You can search for a shirt by movie (you can get a "Mitchapalooza" shirt from "Old School") category, or just randomly look through them. Pretty funny stuff.

While I was looking for some good sites, I cam across this one, which is more of a prank site. It's called prankplace.com. They have some decent t-shirts, but they also have good bumper stickers, fake lottery tickets, and all other kinds of gags. One of the pages they have includes secret stash safes. That is where I found this little gem:

Yes, Security Briefs. They even have a "skid mark" to keep people from touching them. Why wouldn't you store all your valuables in this then leave it laying on the floor?

My favorite, and therefore the awesomosity for today is TorsoPants.com. Don't call them shirts, they are pants for your torso. They are the most creative and different shirts I have found on the net. In fact, according to their FAQ's, under "Side Effects", this is written:

WHAT ARE THE POTENTIAL SIDE-EFFECTS OF TORSOPANTS?

High risk of an overdose of awesomeness.

You could overdose on awesomeness!!

So, enjoy some torso pants today, and make a stranger smile just by the shirt you are wearing!

The picture of the day today was taken on an inspection earlier, enjoy!

By the way, Joe and Jim are tied for awesomeness, according to the latest poll, at 2 each. I have a new poll up now, so vote.

Thanks everyone! See you tomorrow!

No comments: