Sunday, August 31, 2008

Day 63

Today's awesomeness is more about what is to come tomorrow than what is happening today. And that is because I am preparing today for what happens tomorrow. So, what happens tomorrow? My fantasy football draft.

I have never done fantasy football before, but I did try fantasy hockey for the first time last year, along with fantasy baseball this summer. Dead last. In both leagues. Ooph.

But I am quite hopeful I will have a good fantasy football year. I got a printed guide from Gabe earlier today and have printed off a ton of stuff to help me analyze my draft.

This whole obsession with fantasy sports is quite ludicrous in my mind. While I am trying to find good free information (like I'm gonna pay for any of this krap), it is simply amazing to me that so much information is out there. I know (in the 6 degrees type of "know") several people whose whole job revolves around fantasy sports. Seriously.

Take for instance Googling "fantasy football", you get about 71,000,000 results. 71 Million! Just for comparison, I Googled "Glue" to see how many results I got. 36,100,000. Ok, so maybe there are just too many web pages in general.

When looking through the "Glue" results, the 2nd one was for this site, call This to That. Great site. Do you need to glue something and aren't sure what to use? Check it out. You pick the two substrates you want to put together, they give you several options and tips for gluing(sp?) them. Awesome.

So, go play some fantasy football!

Here is the picture of me deep in thought over what fantastic sports website to rely on for my fantasy draft.


Thanks for reading, see you tomorrow!

No comments: