Saturday, August 23, 2008

Day 55

Unlike Sammy Hagar, I can blog fifty-fiiiive.

Don't worry if you didn't get that, it was pretty dumb.

Well, the picture you see is of a tired, just awakened, slightly sick, amazed Olympic viewer. That's right, todays awesomeness is the Games of the XXIX (29th) Olympiad. (I still am not sure how they arrived at that number, but they keep saying it, and we all know that everything on tv is absolutely true right?)

These Olympic games have robbed me of more sleep, but have provided me with great entertainment and conversation. When I get home at night, I just can't help but watch whatever is on free NBC. I have seen everything from water polo to women's decathalon to team synchronized swimming (what I'm watching now).

Of course I watched all 8 gold medal races for Michael Phelps (like the cartoon? {thanks Mike Pearson!}) but I think my favorite event I saw was the mens 100 and 200 sprints. I'm generally not a fan of track and field, except of course the pole vault and hammer throw, but these races were just amazing. Usain Bolt (could you make a better sprinter name?) just blew away the competition. In the 100, he was so far ahead, he began celebrating before even crossing the finish line! And he still set a world record! In the 200, there was no one even in the picture (literally, there was no one else in the camera angle) when he crossed the line, setting another world record.

Is it just me, or were a ridiculous number of world records broken this year?

As usual, I am just enthralled with whatever sport I am watching, in this case, synchronized swimming, so I'm gonna get back to that, the defending champs, Russia, is up now.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that 'phelps' image is awesome! totally re-posting on my tumblr.

Anonymous said...

Nice Phelps picture! So true! haha.