Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day 51

I'm just going to get straight to the awesomosity today. I have told you all how much my baseball team sucks, right? Well, not anymore!

We played a game last night at Jackee Joyner-Kersee center in East St. Louis (not the REAL bad part though, its actually a pretty nice facility, though I don't think anyone has ever even tried to care for the field, it is a bad baseball field, but I digress). We were supposed to play at 6, but the game got moved to 8, I'm not sure why.

We were 2-1 at one point in the season with a bright outlook for the future. Then we lost 17 straight. But last night we played a team that is not a whole lot better, they are 5-15. Our main problem has been hitting the ball. We hit ok, but it always goes right at an opposing player, not good if you want to get on base. I think Babe Ruth said something like, "Hit 'em where they aint." We haven't been doing that so well. Until last night that is.

We were stringing together multiple hits and running the bases well for the first time all season. I was even 2 for 2 with a walk, 1 RBI and a run scored. Not bad, eh? The Million $ Men managed to put up 17 runs to break our 17 game losing streak. We still gave up 6, which is too many, but when you're scoring, it doesn't matter so much.

We even played decent defense last night. Catching fly balls, getting grounders, and not making too many errors. It was a lot of fun for the first time in a while. Totally awesome, hopefully were going to get hot for the playoffs which are coming soon. If you want to see us play, we have a game this Sunday at 3:30 at Ozzie's Sports Complex in St. Peters. Let me know if you want directions to watch us continue our winning streak.

One of the players told me not to mention this, but I am an honest guy. The other team last night only had eight players, but we still hit the ball a bunch and played well, and I'm sure we still would have won, so don't hold it against us, we really needed a win and were going to take it any way we could.

Over the weekend, someone compared my new hairstyle to that of Moby. Jim Barnard not only didn't win the awesome poll, but doesn't believe me. So here is a comparison photo with Moby. Whaddya think? Oh, and here is a funny video of Moby, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and Eminem at the VMA's a few years back. Pretty Funny. Now the pics:

Moby
Me trying to look like Moby

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I don't know about looking like Moby, but I am digging the new hair (or lack thereof)!

what made you shave it all off?