Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day 53

Yeah, yeah, 53 days, thats amazing, woohoo, woot, and all that. What ya'll really need to do is click on some of those ads to your right, and make me some money.

So today's awesomosity comes from my family. Like the whole family. You see, my mother has done a bang-up job trying to get the whole family (that lives in town) together once a week for family dinner. Due to my ridiculous schedule, there are a lot of times that I cannot make it. Last night was not one of those times.

We get Big and Little Grandma (I've called them that my entire life. Big Grandma is about 5'10" and Little Grandma is maybe 5'0", so it fits. They even sign birthday cards like that, so no comments on thinking the Big and Little are derogatory to them or anything), along with my own momma and dad, and my brother, his wife and their three children usually. It was quite fun last night when my 2 nieces and nephew arrived, they had apparently been asking if I would be there and were quite happy to see that I was. Even though Ahren still thinks I look silly. Last time I saw him I was wearing coaches short and had a phenomenal stache. This time, no hair at all. Kids are brutally honest, you gotta love it. Here are the most recent pics of them:

Ahren (3 1/2) pretending the couch is a firetruck

Lydia (2 1/2) modeling her swimwear

Annie (10 mos.) being Annie

And what of the dinner itself, you ask? Delicious as always. When you get 4 mothers (3 of them grandmothers and 2 of them GREATgrandmothers) you know the food is kickin'. Last night we had one of my mother's great specialties, Caesar Salad. She makes the dressing from scratch and no other Caesar salad I have ever had even holds a candle to it (partially because you could kill a vampire with it there is so much garlic. YUMMY!). And of course there was plenty of dessert, including, but not limited to, oatmeal raisin cookies, rice krispie treats with Karo syrup and chocolate butterscotch stuff on top, ice cream and fruit. I love family dinner.

If your family isn't in town, or doesn't have a family dinner, let me know, I'll reserve a spot for you at ours.

Continuing with the comparisons, someone this morning at a business meeting suggested I look like Kojak, what do you think? Anyone else I might look like?

Kojak circa 1973

Me, circa 10:30 this morning

Thanks ya'll, see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

those kids are cute as hell