Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 50

The Big 5-0! Who's throwing the surprise party? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Monday. I do not like Mondays. You have a great weekend, then back to the same old stuff. Boo. Yes, I have a case of the Mondays.

It was a wonderful weekend, and weather-wise, it looks like it will continue. But, I have to always keep looking forward. So, three cool things coming up still today. Going to meet with my friend Jeff Viers, who will be the next president of my networking group in BNI. We will discuss and pick out the rest of the leadership team. Then, after a quick Wal-Mart (read this letter someone sent to Wal-Mart, quite entertaining) trip, its off to the library.

I know I have discussed the awesome qualities of libraries, but today will be a little different. I am going there for the peace and quiet and lack of distractions. Why do I need that? I am going to do a SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threat) analysis of myself, then set some long term and short term goals. Whoa. Serious.

After that, it is off to the awesomeosity of the day. Goodwill. They are a great organization that takes any and all of my junk, and then does great stuff with it. Today, for me, they are taking all the clothes that either: don't fit or I shouldn't be wearing anyway. You see, a few months ago, I had a meeting at my house with my wardrobe consultant, Gina Manual. She went through my closet piece by piece and made me try on a whole bunch of stuff. Some of it wasn't even worth trying on, I wasn't allowed to wear it anyway. For a guy like me, that is very helpful to have someone with a good fashion sense tell me what to wear and what not to wear. I can only imagine the field day about 5 different reality shows would have had with me.

So now I have 3 trash bags full of perfectly good clothes that Goodwill can do great things with.

Also, Goodwill is a great place to shop. Cheap stuff, sometimes it pretty good stuff too.

Then I have a baseball game at 8 tonight. Woohoo. Maybe we'll win one, I mean stranger things have happened (just not very often).

Here's the picture, have a great day!!


See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3 things...
1. i love swot analyses. i hope it is beneficial to you.
2. who was the other person that voted for me??
3. why did you shave your head? was it so that you could look like that guy from the shield?