Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 34

Good afternoon all, I hope and trust you are all enjoying this lovely Saturday.

First, my apologies for misnaming yesterday's post, I have corrected the problem. Such editorial mistakes will not be tolerated ont his blog and I promise you, oh constant reader, that such an error will not happen again. Ok, so maybe it will, but I'll try my best.

Second, I have to apologize for not having any pictures today. Well, let me rephrase that. I have pictures, but I can't get them from my phone to you due to technical issues. I will post them in tomorrow's blog. Again I apologize.

Enough already. Despite the apologies and seemingly negative attitude, I have had a splendid day that has included today's awesomosity. Let me tell you about it.

I worked until about 3am, then I was supposed to go to this going away party for my friend Susan, but my bed had a better argument, sorry Susan, have fun in Atlanta! I awoke from my slumber in the 10:30 neighborhood, brewed my coffee, then installed the iPod adapter to my new stereo. It's pretty awesome.

So, my friend Josh and his wife Jamie just moved to North County and were having a bbq today. I said I would make it, but it would be early, and I would have to leave early. Well, I was earlier than everyone else, and left before everyone else got there. But I got to see Josh and Jamie (and their awesome kids, Ryan and Nathan, though I missed the latest edition, Logan). I don't get to hang with them very often, so I was bummed I couldn't hang out longer. Why did I have to leave early? Because I had another BBQ to go to.

The short of the story is that BBQ's are the awesomeness of the day. Why? Because cooking some good food over charcoal with good friends on a beautiful day is the best way to spend the day. Any day.

At the second BBQ, I even got to cook, which I would prove with pictures, but I already told you about that.

A few years ago, someone not from St. Louis challenged my calling grilling food a BBQ. Apparently most of the rest of the country calls that "Grilling Out" or Cooking Out". But in St. Louis, if it involves a grill of any sort, and meat of any sort, it is a BBQ. BBQ sauce not necessary. So, here are a few other food related items that are distinct to St. Louis:

So, there's the obvious stuff like Toasted Raviolli and Provel Cheese, but here are a few others you may not know. Slingers. (If you've never had a slinger, go to Eat-Rite right now and order one. I prefer mine with gravy instead of chili) Pork Steaks. (The rest of the country eats a slightly different cut of the same meat, I think.)

Dangit. I had so many more when I was planning this blog, but now I can't think of them. Leave a comment if you know of any others.

Thanks for reading, tomorrow's will be better. I promise.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

wait wait wait.

you toast ravioli? like the pasta?