Thursday, July 31, 2008

Day 32

Over a month already! That sound you just heard was a combination of me patting myself on the back whilst tooting my own horn, quite an orchestral feat.

So, what is awesome today? Let me tell you. This all happened yesterday.

I told myself that the awesome thing of the day would always be a thing, never a person. But rules are made to be broken, no? Besides, with the events of yesterday, there is no other way I could have anything else be the awesomosity of the day.

Without any further ado, I give you, my brother, Tim Muehleisen.

Here's Tim with his 3 lovely chilren (from L-R): Lydia, Ann Denny, and Ahren

So, what did Tim do to make himself worthy of the awesomosity? It all started quite early yesterday. You see, my parents have a rental property. During a recent occupancy inspection, they were told to repair the fascia, soffit and guttering on a probably 30-foot section of the house. As most of you probably know, my dad can't get on ladders for a while, so it was up to their children, Tim and I.

Now, Tim was a roofer in a previous life (along with an off-shore oil rig worker, which is pretty awesome on its own), so he is familiar with how to do this stuff. I am not. And I don't like ladders. So, with a little help from me, and some direction from dad, Tim did most of the work to get my folks house into tip-top shape (ok, so just good enough to pass inspection shape, but that counts, right?).

Following this half-day adventure, I went to pick up my newly fixed truck (and not totally fixed, but fixed enough for now). Then I had to go to Walgreen's to pick up a script for my bum elbow, then it was to be off for my parents house to install my new car stereo and have a family dinner. I get my script, and am quite excited about the rest of the day. I get in my car and I hear a *click* when I turn the key. Hhmph, thats wierd. Again. Click. Again. Click. DANGIT! What is freakin' wrong now? I call my dad, who is still at the rental, he says call Tim. I call Tim.

Tim is with his family getting ready to come to the folks house for said family dinner. I explain the issue, he says it could be a starter or a battery, he's on the way to help me out. So, I sit and wait. He arrives, my truck is still just giving a single click. Ok, lets pop the clutch and head to AutoZone. I'm not so good with the popping of clutches, so I push. Tim pops it and its off to AutoZone. We park kind of far away at the top of the hill, just in case we need to pop it again. Just in case you forgot, or don't live in St. Louis, it was raining last evening.

So, we pop the hood and look for the starter. Can't find it (Tim can't, I don't even know where to look, I'm lucky I know how to fill the gas tank). We go inside to see if they can show us a picture and maybe a location of the starter. A very nice lady comes to help us and we are able to locate the starter. At the bottom of the engine. Underneath the car. Only accessible by lying on your back (if you don't have a lift). Before I know it, Tim is on his back (did I say it was raining and wet?) figuring out how to take off the starter to we can have them test it.

About 4 trips inside and an hour later, we (and by "we", I mean Tim) have the starter off. Tim then notices that there is a little cable that looks like it should be plugged in and wasn't. Pretty close the new oil filter Jiffy Lube just put on.

You guessed it, the starter was fine. So, my brother just spent an hour on his back in the wet AutoZone parking lot getting greasy while his family is eating dinner to find out none of it was necessary. Awesome.

Then we hook it all back up and.....click. Are you serious? Come on! Try it again and.....starts right up. Phew!

So, I think I am left with no choice than to make Tim the awesomosity of the day. Wouldn't you?

In case you were wondering, I did get the new stereo installed (a little loose, but it works) and I'll tell you more about that tomorrow.

Do you like the new layout of the site? I have added a few things, let me know what you think.

Have a nomination for awesomosity or an idea for a poll? Comment on a post and let me know!

Only 5 visitors yesterday? Come on folks, share the love with everyone you know! I'll never make money from AdSense with 5 visitors a day! (By the way, my worst day before yesterday was 9 visitors)

Ok, enough already, here's my picture, taken in front of my mother's laundry folding table that doubles as a pool table.


No comments: