Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day 31

I'm gonna go ahead and get today's awesomosity out of the way early, I have a busy day.

Today I get to hang fascia, soffit and guttering on my folks rental place. No, I have no clue what I'm doing. But my dad and brother do, so I'll be taking orders.

For those that don't know, I have to help because my dad shattered his ankle about 5 months ago. He is still in a walking boot and he hobbles around quite nicely. Even if he could climb a ladder, that is how he got hurt, so it might be a bit freaky for him.

Ok, enough about my family and day ahead. Today's awesomeness is simple. AC in the car. I know a lot of you are thinking that AC is cool and all, but worthy of the awesomosity? Let me tell you why.

I am driving my mother's Toyota Camry, which has working AC, today. Why? Because Jiffy Lube has my truck, which most definitely does NOT have any form of AC.

I know, you're just supposed to wait with your vehicle when you get the oil changed (and deny all kinds of services that seem frivolous, but are probably necessary at some level). Well I did that a few months ago (actually me momma took it there for me because I was so busy, but what else is new?). Everything seemed to go fine with that oil change until I went for another one.

That was when they told me that they had stripped the drain plug last time it was there. That means nothing to me, I'm lucky I know how to chage the gas in my car (you drive about 300 miles, then take out a loan at the gas station).

What all that means for me in a practical sense is that they are taking my truck to someplace in South County (why not the Midas they share a building with, I may never know) for a whole day.

That means that I get to drive my mom's AC filled car for the day. Awesome.

Slightly more frustrating, I got my new car stereo in the mail when I got back from dropping off the truck. It looks real pretty, but I can't hear it just yet. Hopefully that will be tomorrow's awesomosity.

Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it. You may notice the ads on the lower right corner. I'm not telling you what to do, but I only make money when people click on those, so....

My picture is up top in front of the Camry. See yall manana!

2 comments:

Gavin Masterson said...

¡Las vidas del monstruo del verde!

636benjamin said...

Gavin, what the heck does that mean? I don't speak Italian.