Saturday, December 6, 2008

Day 159

So, today has been a busy day, and doesn't look like its gonna slow down anytime soon. I got off work early last night, which was good because I need sleep, but bad because I also need money. So, in bed by midnight. Then, out to Chesterfield Valley to shop for a family in our church (check out the story at http://www.ahomeforselah.com) which was a bunch of fun. Then I went out to the Family Arena in St. Charles to set up for a Mr. Video gig I'm doing tomorrow. That actually went very well. Now I have a few minutes before a meeting at 4, then off to work at Llywelyns at 6. Woot! So, here is what is awesome today. Since I drive (an uber-awesome) pick-up truck, Mr. Video did not want me to keep the gear in back, therefore, they rented me a car.

It was quite a hassle to get it yesterday, since the Priceline everything. The car was at the airport Budget, which won't let me park my car there, so I had to park in long-term parking, shuttle to the airport, register for the car, then shuttle to the car. It wasn't all that bad, and I've got to say, driving a rental car is awesome. Don't get me wrong, I love my truck. It's just nice to have heat that works real well and drive an automatic every once in a while. It's got some get up and go to it. It's also got the cool auto or manual thing. So, I can put it in drive and go, or, once in drive, I can shift it to the right, then bump up to go up a gear and down for down a gear. Pretty sweet, but it takes some getting used to.

The car I am driving is a Hyundai Sonata. I can actually recommend it. Though maybe not for smaller people, I feel tiny in it and have trouble looking over the sterring wheel. It just makes me use good posture, I suppose, so that's cool.

Anyway, off to the next, hope your day is awesome!

Task o' The Day: Rent a car next time you need a bigger car, or if you're going out of town, or if you just wanna drive it like you stole it. Call my buddy Jim, he may know someone that can help you if you decide to rent a car.

Here I am driving the ol' Sonata, and yes, I am wearing a Santa hat. See you tomorrow!!

No comments: