Thursday, December 4, 2008

Day 157

Today's awesomosity is a new little box that I have in the upper left corner of the page. You can now get this post e-mailed directly to your inbox!! How awesome is that!!

The idea came from Joe Elder, who was immediately added to the subscription list. There are a lot of things I am unsure of, and the beginnings of the newsletter (thats the format it will hit your inbox in) will be a trial and error process. But, assuming all works out, you can take me off you favorites, or RSS, or maybe you still Google "awesomosity" everyday or something. Either way, all you will have to do is check the ol' inbox!

The site I used to create this is call FeedBlitz. There are actually quite a fwe awesome things you can do on this site. Besides sign up for and customize how you get my email, you can then subscribe to any blog or RSS feed via email. That is just plain convenient. And really, all you have to do to get started is put you email address right up there to the left. Then you will get an email that will explain more.

One of the things I'm really not sure about is how well it integrates with Google AdSense. They told me that unless I paid them (FeedBlitz) money, they will put ads into my emails. Boo. But, they also asked me if I had an adsense account, which I do (I have $18.01 in there so far, and I need to get to $100.00 to get anything, so click on the ads on my blog or RSS feed. Please.). So, I have no idea how spammed with ads this stuff will be, but, like I said before, we'll just have to do some figuring out with all this.

Ok, time to get back to work. Here I am in my parents slightly snow-covered back yard. Have an Awesomes day!!!

2 comments:

Wayward Dork said...

Ben! Look at you, so adorable, now put on a damn coat. It's cold outside! I love your blog. I will be stopping by regular-like now. :)

Wayward Dork said...

Oh! It's me, Holly!