Saturday, November 8, 2008

Day 131

So, apparently my thinking yesterday was off, it was day 130. My apologies. I think you'll manage to get over it.

On to today's awesomosity. As I told you yesterday, I am at a cheerleading competition all day today. hooray (for those that can't tell, that was some serious sarcasm). Cheerleading competitions suck in general. The music is horrible and WAY too loud, there are too many way too excited young girls, people are generally rude, and I've just been to too many of them. So, what could I possibly find awesome about today (and yes Jacobi, I am in a decent mood most of the time, and I do spend a lot of time thinking about what is awesome)? In-ear headphones.

Here is why the headphones that I have been wearing all day are awesome. They are not noise-cancelling, those would be much sweeter. No, these are just regular $20 in-ear headphones. They aren't like the ones that come with an iPod, those hurt after a little bit. No, these headphones have a small speaker, then a flexible rubber adapter piece so they are comfortable in your ear.

Why is this so awesome today? Because that way the ridiculous noise of horrible music, screaming children (and parents), air horns, whistles, wood blocks, and whatever else these people can come up with to annoy me, is all not near as loud since I can control my own volume and this style of headphones does a decent job of canceling out ambient noise.

Now, of course, actual noise-cancelling headphones would work better, like the one's Bose makes, but those are a little out of my price range, but if you feel generous this Christmas, I wouldn't turn them down (I'm kidding, if you feel generous this Christmas, help make it a great holiday and adopt a family that may not be able to afford it).

So, my headphones are awesome today, what do you think?

Task o' The Day: Listen to your iPod, and consider whether or not you like your headphones. While listening, do something productive, like work in the yard, or shovel some snow, or go for a run, whatever.

Here is my picture, In the same position I have sat in since 10:45 this morning, listening to horrible music with awesome headphones. Thanks, I'll see you tomorrow for day 2 of awesomosity in the midst of a cheerleading competition.

No comments: