Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 21

Blackjack! Pay up 3:2!

I really hope the above pictures go up in the right order. I'm trying something new, attempting to give you the full body shot. Lemme know what you think.

So, as you can probably guess, I played baseball today. Holy cow, is it hot. Serious. I wish I could say that todays awesomosity was mypitching effort (I started the game), but alas I can't. I went 3+ innings. The first inning was awesome, 3 straight popouts. the second inning saw a few baserunners, but still no score. The third inning got a little rougher, I gave up a few hits and 4 runs (I think). By the 4th inning, I was done. I gave up a hit and then two walks. Then I hit a guy to score a run. Then they pulled the plug.

We ended up losing something like 13 - 0. Ooph. After I was done pitching, I caught. That when things got really hot. Wow. It also leads me to the awesomeness of the day. The umpire.

My league has had some kind of fallout with umpires and therefore struggled to get 2 for every game. Today we only had one (they get paid $45/game or $90/game for a solo). not only did he do a great job, but he was rather funny and conversational. That's always nice to have an ump that'll talk to you. So what if he's not that experienced and had to ask several times how many outs there were, but he was a good ump.

Turns out he actually plays in another division of our league. He told me to be an ump takes virtually no experience and they are looking hard for more umps. Anybody want to make some extra scrilla? Let me know.

Have an awesome day (I'm going to see Dark Knight later, so don't you worry about me) and I'll see you all tomorrow!

No comments: