Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 23

Jump Man's number, my consecutive streak. I'm no Cal Ripken, but I'm shattering personal records here.

So, My original plan for today's awesomosity was to have my dish dryer be the winner and show you these pictures to prove it.


Now, I'm not saying my dish dryer isn't awesome, as you can see it clearly is. I mean, look how many dishes fit in that thing. Of course, if you don't do dishes for like 3 weeks, that's what happens. Also, you probably need to be a bachelor that doesn't entertain people much. Anyway, now I know you're just dying to know what could have possibly trumped my dish dryer to be the awesomeness of the day, right?

Cop's mad driving skills. Let Uncle Ben tell you a little story. Last night I'm hanging out with my buddy Sean (the one with Google Maps on his phone, remember?) and we get some dinner and talk about a video project we want to work on. So, were hanging out in the CWE for a while, ate at Culpeppers (they really do have great wings) then we went to Jonathan's place to talk more about our little project.

Come around 10:30 its time to go home. I give Sean a ride to his girl's house near Grand and Gravois since I live right down the street from there. I let him out of the car, we say our goodbyes, I go home and he crosses Gravois. Then there are sirens. I pause as I'm pulling out of White Castle to see what's up. It is about this time that Sean is midway across the street. Then I see a cop car doing at least 70, maybe up to 90, its hard to tell. It's coming right for Sean. He freezes for a second, then tries to run the rest of the way across the street. The cop had already compensated for Sean staying put, so he (or she, I suppose) had to swerve to avoid Sean's new path. The cop lost all control of the vehicle. They skidded across the intersection, fishtailing all over, coming to a stop facing the other direction on the other side of the road. Then pulled a U-turn and continued on their way, apparently unfazed.

It was the craziest thing I have ever seen with my own eyes. So, maybe I'm exxagerating, but I have to applaud the cop for successfully avoiding my friend. So that is today's awesomosity, great driving skills by cops.

Of course, they could just slow down a bit, especially at intersections, huh?

Here's the puicture of the day, taken in an attic on an inspection. See you tomorrow!

No comments: