Friday, July 25, 2008

Day 26

I can't believe I've made it this far. I couldn't have done it without you, faithful reader. So far 437 people have read my blog total. That's awesome.

On to the awesomosity. There is so much to choose from today. My leading thought coming here this morning was to have it be firefighter's funeral. Ryan Hummert died Monday in the tragedy in Maplewood. You can read more about it here. They say the funeral procession could be five miles long, with firefighters and other emergency service people coming from all over the country. That is awesome.

However, that seems like a bit of a downer, and I don't like downers, especially on this blog, so I have chosen a different awesomosity for today. Rain.

Normally I do not like rain, but the rain yesterday and through the weekend is great for so many reasons. I'll start with yesterday. Did you realize how cool (obviously comparitively, it was still like 80 or so) it was yesterday? My AC didn't run all day and I was very comfortable in my home.

I was supposed to have a baseball game (playing) last night at 9pm in East St. Louis at Jackee-Joyner-Kersee (I have no idea where the dashes go in her name, so I put them everywhere). Needless to say, who wants to be in East St. Louis from 9-11:30 at night? Besides that, I had to get up early yesterday and today, and haven't had a night at home in a while. I've had "The Bank Job" (great Jason Statham movie, but I like most of his stuff) sitting at home for almost a week and haven't had the chance to watch it yet, until last night.

What else is good about rain? Well, this Monday my mother will help me do some weeding in my yard, and more importantly, in my rasberry garden. All this rain will help out with pulling weeds.

Do you want to learn more about rain? Check these out:

Wikipedia (the definitive source for everything)

A kid's page about where rain comes from (much more comfortable conversation for parents than the old, "Where do babies come from?")

So, today, rain is awesome. So is my mother, which is why she is featured in today's picture of the day (also because she was still home when I got here, but she really is awesome!)

See you tomorrow! Don't forget to vote in the poll and leave me a comment!

1 comment:

Guaca-molly said...

I like your use of punctuation and your entire blog in general, It makes me laugh every day- way to be Ben!