Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 19

Almost to the big 2-0. Woohoo!

I got a suggestion last night for todays awesomeosity. I was going to make it this, a phenomenal short video blog featuring none other than Doogie Howser himself, Neil Patrick Harris. So my friend Joe, (you know, the one that gets lost in Oklahoma?) says to me, yeah that's funny, but you should check out this. About half way down the page, there is a "new" real men of genius ad, saluting the new owners of A-B and their mother country of Belgium. Awesome stuff, really. However, it is not the awesomosity of the day, but good enough that I will add the noeyeinpirate.tumblr.com blog to my blogroll.

So then, you ask, if neither of those fantabulous things are the awesomosity, what could it possibly be? I'll tell you. The DMV.

Not just any DMV, but the Des Peres branch of the DMV. I have always had good luck there, but maybe it is just good timing. By the time I left there was a significant line. Oh well, I was only there about 10 minutes, tops. But, Ben, what were you doing at the DMV you ask? Getting a new driver's license.

That's right, my driver's license actually expired. They now have these ridiculously long valid periods now. Now that I have my new driver's license, I don't have to get another one until 2014. Seriously, do they really expect me to look the same in 6 years? I don't think so, that is, unless I start using Rogaine soon.

So, I figured I would see how much I have changed since the last time I had to take a picture for my driver's license, and then show you the picture I have to live with for the next 6 years. First, the old picture:


Now, my new driver's license picture, which is doubling as my picture of the day, since it was taken today:


Not bad, eh? I guess it is just a driver's license picture. Awesome. Have a spectacular Friday! See you tomorrow!

No comments: