Monday, July 14, 2008

Day 15

15 Days. That's longer than some small animals life spans! Oh, and vote in the poll to your right. So far Joe, you are losing. We'll see, still a few days left to vote.

So, I was thinking, like always, about what today's awesome thing should be. Thinking about it all morning. Thinking about it while I was working at my parents rental house on Chippewa. Thinking about it in the shower. Thinking about it while I was getting gas at on of the 4 QuikTrips within a mile of my house. Thinking about it while I was driving (since I can't sing along to my favorite songs in the car anymore). Wait a second, QuikTrip! The most under-rated, under-appreciated gas station of all time.

You see, I almost always get my gas at QuikTrip since, as I said, there are like 4 right next to my house (and in every direction too, it's great!). I have begun to take QuikTrip for granted. I am fairly certain I have never heard anyone that doesn't love QuikTrip. Seriously, people always rave about that place? Why?

It's always clean. You can expect the same basic layout at every one. Their gas is usually cheaper (at least near my house). They have some great commercials. They also have some really annoying, stupid commercials, but really, who doesn't? While looking for a picture to go with this post, I came across this ad, which I had never seen before, but is awesome:


Come on! That's great! Ok, so there's a little awesomosity for your day. Stop at your QuikTrip the next time you need gas. It's totally worth it, even if you have to go a little out of your way.

Here's today's picture of me, taken at my office (I know its a little messy, who cares?). You may notice the pallette (my beard) is growing back, something fun coming soon, maybe ya'll can give me some suggestions?


See you tomorrow, faithful blog reader.

No comments: