Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 11

11 Days! I, like Jim, hope I can keep this up forever! We'll see.

So, those of you that know me know that I am an optimist. I always try to look for the good in almost every situation. Having a positive outlook in life can help you cope with life's hardships, plus, it can help with indigestion. (That's totally just a guess).

So, that leads me to today's awesomosity: Silence. Specifically silence in the car while you are driving. Here are a few of the good things I can think of regarding driving in silence:
  • You can listen to how your car sounds
  • You can focus on the day ahead
  • You can pray
  • You don't have to worry about finding a good song
  • No pesky commercials
  • You won't look like a fool jamming out to a great song
  • You won't be screaming you favorite song with the windows down for everyone to hear
  • I am sure there are way more benefits
So, I guess I should let you know why all the talk about being optimistic and silence in the car. When I walked out to my car this morning, here is what I saw:


That's right, someone stole my stereo in the wee hours of the morning last night. Dangit. I guess I was a little upset, but there are so many upsides. Many of which I just mentioned. Others include:
  • Now I don't have to unlock the door from the outside for any passengers I may have (because I can't).
  • I have also learned that I should take my faceplate off when I get home, not just in Soulard.
  • Now I don't have to worry about my car being broken into to steal my car stereo.
  • They didn't break the window.
  • Now I have something to spend all that money I've been saving up on.
  • They didn't take my iPod (I wouldn't either, it has a busted screen)
  • They didn't take my bluetooth headset.
All kidding aside, it kinda sucks to have your car broken into, but as you can see there are a ton of positives to get out of this.

So, here is today's picture, taken in front of the Green Monster:


3 comments:

Gavin Masterson said...

I approve this awesomeness.

Katie said...

Aw MAN! That STINKS! Well at least you are the kind to look on the bright side. One other bright spot - they didn't steal your gas.

Anonymous said...

That same exact thing happened to me a couple years ago. They way they broke in looks exactly the same. At least they did not take every object out of your car, including steak n' shake coupons and then dump you ash tray all over. But it would suck any way. Good job on the positivity. See you sweet face Tuesday!