Saturday, January 31, 2009

Day 213

This morning was a fun-filled and very exciting morning in my life and the life of my company, Under The Line Productions, LLC (my lawyer tells me I have to put that LLC there). We were continuing production on our project for some non-profit services in North City. They are doing some really awesome things. Check out some of their websites. Please. It really is very awesome (but not the awesomosity, keep reading for that)

http://angelbaked.org/

http://www.ngns.org/

http://www.developwithdignity.org/


Ok, so on to the awesome. After shooting some B-Roll of kids building, painting, and destructing a sign, we wanted to get some footage of abandoned buildings. We didn't have to travel far. Just so you know, we were at the corner of Grand and North Market (make sure to check out the "street view"). That's the 'hood if you didn't know.

Anyway, so we go on the East side of Grand, the priest we are working with said we would find what we were looking for there, and we did. As we are driving along in the car shooting out of the open sliding door, a cop passes going the other way. I turn down a road that looks like it will have good material, then I notice the cop following us. Then I keep turning down these streets, totally looking like I have no clue where I am or where I am going. The cop is still following us. We decide to pull over and find out why, though we are pretty sure he is wondering what we are doing there. I'll recreate the conversation as best as I can remember it.

Cop: Are you guys lost?
Us: No, were shooting a video for that church.
Cop: Cause this is a really bad part of town. You will get a pistol in your face and your car stolen really quickly.
Us: Ok.

Then Sean and I decided we better catch up with the cop who was leaving the area quickly, and that we had enough footage for the day.

So, today, the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department is awesome, because they saved Sean and I from getting pistols suck in our face and Sean's girlfriend's car stolen along with a bunch of borrowed gear. Definitely awesome.

I'm off to my much needed nap. Have a great day!!


No comments: