Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 209

So, today was a very exciting day in the life of Under The Line Productions, LLC. Notice the LLC behind our name? That's because now that we are officially recognized by the Secretary of the State of Missouri office by that name and entity, we have to put it there. Don't worry, we'll do a DBA (doing business as, a.k.a. a ficticious name) soon and eliminate the LLC, just so we dont' have to write it all the time.

So, that happened Friday. Today we called up the IRS to register with them and complete our creation of a business. I was going to make the IRS the awesomosity, because the lady I spoke with was pretty cool, but I'm pretty sure there's a law against calling the IRS awesome. Either way, we now have an EIN (Employer Identification Number) which means that now we can open a business bank account, and most importantly, we can get a business phone account, which means that iPhones will be required (by us, not ATT).

Well, that is what is awesome today for me. I hope you are having an awesome day yourself. Here I am hard at work on my couch, I know it sounds like an anomoly, but trust me, its not.

2 comments:

Aaron W. Thorne said...

That is pretty awesome. And now that you have an EIN, the IRS knows where to send your tax bill, which is... actually not all that awesome, when I think about it.

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)