Friday, December 12, 2008

Day 164 - Part 2, First ever "guest blogger"

So, I wrote about the awesomes of uneployment yesterday, claiming that a friend would write in. Well, he did. With no further ado, I give you the first ever guest blog on the awesome blog. Mr. Joe Elder:

Hello folks it gives me great pleasure to be a "guest blogger" on one of my favorite blogs. Now Ben may of mentioned that being unemployed is not very awesome but I completely disagree. Now I realize that I'm only into my first 48 hours of unemployment, but I must tell you that I experience many things that you "normal hard working folks" just wouldn't understand. Below I give you a list of ten items that make unemployment awesome!!!

1. Free Lunches from caring friends! yes that's right they came out of the woodwork saying "man that sucks can I buy you lunch" to which I replied "I'm broke and it's two weeks before Christmas yes you can!!!

2. Lunches with friends!! Now that I'm not plagued with the daily grind of being a commercial lender I have all sorts of free time to hang out with friends and get lunch. Which could be a daily awesomeness in itself, go get lunch with a friend! It beats the hell out of working!!

3. The ability to relate to the amazing 80's song Mr. Wendal by Arrested Development
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EefdFSrfhu8
Mr. Wendal has freedom, a free that you and I think is dumb
Free to be without the worries of a quick to diss society
for Mr.Wendal's a bum
His only worries are sickness

4. Updating your resume. You may say how is this awesome?!?! Often you sit at your job going man I should update my resume. well being jobless gives me the freedom to do that at anytime of the day!!!! Which I've been doing right now at home from the comfort of my couch while my colleagues are poring over financial statements and tax returns!

5. Who cares about alarm clocks!! Yes that's right I don't hit snooze because I don't set the alarm clock. Let me tell you seeing 9:30 on the clock and not having a suit and tie on! PURE AWESOME

6. Not knowing what day it is! Now this could be from shell shock of being let go on ummmmmm Wednesday? but as I was riding out to get a cup of coffee at burger king with my friends who are retired (also a form of unemployment which I aspire to reach one day) I couldn't remember if today was Thursday or Friday, but hell it didn't really matter to quote Ice Cube or T I can't remember, " it's friday (i think) I aint got no job, aint got sh*t to do....." that is another daily awesomeness watch the movie "Friday" which I might do this afternoon while all of you are at work

7. This list! yes it's just plain awesome really tell me the last time you got a list listing how awesome unemployment is??

8. Free MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT!!! Yes that's right unemployment baby!!! I can file for it and not feel like a leach because well, I was laid off so I can rightfully claim my unemployment that I have been so diligently paying for the last 13 years of my employed life!!

9. Having the time to be a guest blogger on the greatest blog in the world!!

10. Severance Packages. yes that's right for the next six weeks and 56 hours of vacation time I will be paid to search for a job! How great is that.

Now that the list is done go get fired!! Just joking but if you find yourself unemployed keep looking up it will get better and hell you might be able to write a list on why your keeping your head held high!!

Sincerely Yours,

Joseph Elder
A fully capable banker in search of a new job!!! Let Ben know if you need my resume ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say it is more pleasing to listen to Mr. Wendal while reading!