Thursday, December 11, 2008

Day 163

So, I'm not really sure about today's awesomosity. I know that in a previous poll, you all voted to not let others "guest post". I totally agreed with that, at least, until today. However, the person who said they were going to send me an email with their post has not yet emailed me. So, here is what I will do. I will write a little about the topic, which is slightly controversially awesome, and then add their post to it, if they ever send me that email. I'll let you decide if its awesome or not.

Unemployment.

That's right, someone called me today stating that I should make uneployment the awesomosity of the day. My obvious response was, "That's not awesome!" But, alas, he insisted that it was. That was when I offered to let him write the post.

I did some looking into unemployment, and as I have no personal experience with it, I looked to the people that know most about unemployment, the writers of WikiPedia. Here is what they had to say about it.

Wikipedia - Unemployment

The other obvious experts on unemployment inlude the government. So, here is Missouri's page about it. Surprisingly enough, they have had a serious spike in applications recently.

Now, for the obvious expert of all time on unemployment, I give you George Costanza, hoping to become a latex salesman for Vandalay Industries.



Task o' The Day: Get Fired. Just kidding! Share any experience you may have with unemployment, or losing a job, or a coworker being fired for a funny reason, or something like that.

Have a great day! Oh, and I'll update this as soon as I get the e-mail from my recently unemployed friend.

No comments: