Saturday, July 5, 2008

Day 6

I can'tbelieve it! 6 days. I haven't done anything 6 days in a row. Ever. AND the email blogging works. Awesomtastic.

As you can see, at least I hope you can tell that today's awesome is tortilla chips and salsa. Now, not just any tortilla chips and salsa, I'm talking fresh-cooked tortilla chips and REALLY good, possibly home-made salsa. And I'm not just talking any old mexican restaraunt, were eating at the Mexican Food Embassy of classy downtown OK City. That's right, you had no idea that the Mexican government even has a food embassy, much less that they put it in Oklahoma City.

But think about this for a minute. Your the ambassador of food for Mexico. You are charged with placing an embassy somewhere in the U.S. You might say why not New York, Atlanta, Miami, or maybe LA? One word: oversaturation. The market is simply too full of average Mexican food that might taint the taste of truly excellent food deserving of the title of Mexican Food Embassy.

All that to say I would rather have eaten at Casa Gallardo. Oh well, it was an experience to write about.

Here's today's pic, taken at said embassy.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

i would say that those chips & salsa would put a little awesomosity-ness in my day, too.

Michael Daehn said...

oh Ben, I am so proud of you. You were such an online naive when I met you and now here you are with your very own web log. You is all growed up. Sniff.